FACULTY INSTRUCTIONS: Use the instructions below to add users (graders, co-instructors, course builders, etc.) to your Blackboard courses.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT add students to your courses! Students will be automatically enrolled via an automated process through the Registrar's Office. Adding students by hand can cause issues with registrations. If a student is not showing up in your roster, contact the Registrar's Office.
STUDENTS: You cannot add users to courses. If you are not in a course, you should check DataVU to be sure you are registered. If you are registered and the course is not showing up, inquire with your instructor as they may not have made the course active or they are not using Blackboard. If you are not registered in DataVU, contact your advisor or the Registrar's Office if you are not registered.
1. Begin by clicking Users and Groups in the Control Panel
2. Select Users
3. Click Find Users to Enroll button found near the top left in the banner above the course users.
4. At this screen, enter the username of the user; or click browse to search for a user.
a. Search by any of the options in the first drop down item.
b. Leave the second to Contains.
c. Enter the data to search in the 3rd box.
d. Click Go
e. Select the user from the list that is generated. Click Submit
5. With the username in the correct field, choose the Role (default is student) of the user from the drop down options.
6. Click Submit to finalize the addition.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.