For individuals who have recorded personal meeting rooms through WebEx, here is a step-by-step guide on how to share the recording with others.
Step-by-step guide for sharing or downloading Meeting Room Recordings
Add the steps involved:
- Open webex.valpo.edu and click on the blue Sign In button in the left hand navigation
- Enter your WebEx credentials
- Click on the Recordings link in the left hand navigation
- Locate the Share icon on the right side of the screen associated with the personal meeting room recording
- In the Share Recording dialog box that appears, you can copy the Link and share via email with others who would need access to the recording
- If you want to download the recording, locate the down arrow on the right side of the screen associated with the personal meeting room recording
- Once you click on the down arrow, the recording will start and download to your computer.
- Please move the recording to Google Drive or your H:/S: drives if you wish to retain the recording
- In most cases, Personal Meeting room recordings are in MP4 format and easily downloaded. In some cases, downloaded recordings will be in a Webex format (ARF) and you can download the ARF player at: https://www.webex.com/video-recording.html to view the ARF files
- The ARF player will allow you to export to other formats through File >> Convert/Format >> MP4 . Be aware, this process can be lengthy
When viewing recordings, buffering can take time, especially when using a wireless network. Either switch to a wired network connection or allow up to 15 minutes for the video to buffer.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.