If you use a Mac and want to easily maintain a persistent connection to your network folders, follow these simple steps.
- On the main Mac menu, click Go → Connect to Server.
- Connect to either the home or shared drives, and enter your ValpoNet credentials if/when prompted. Check the box to "Remember this password in my keychain" to avoid being prompted each time you connect.
- Faculty: smb://storage1.valpo.edu/fac_home/
- Staff: smb://storage1.valpo.edu/staff_home/
- Shared: smb://valpo.edu/data2/
- Students: smb://storage1.valpo.edu/stuhome/
- In the Finder window, click and hold the disk drive icon until it's greyed out, then drag it to the left hand sidebar "Favorites" area.
- Voila! You'll be able to easily connect to your drive anytime you open the Finder.
Request the App
IT staff have created a small app (or "script") that will help automate the process of connecting to your network drives. To request it, submit an ITicket via the Help Desk and our staff will come install it on your Mac for you.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.