Use Valpo's campus-wide subscription to WebEx to host a meeting. The instructions under the step-by-step guide are common options that you may select while hosting your meeting.
First, prepare the meeting.
- Go to valpo.webex.com in your browser.
- Click on the Host Log In button on the top right corner of the page.
- Type in your credentials and click Log In.
- If you do not have credentials, you will need to sign up for an account on the same screen.
- If you forgot your password or username, use the Forgot Password link to recover the password.
- To schedule your meeting once you are signed in, click on Meeting Center in the top menu bar.
- To schedule a meeting for a later time, find Schedule A Meeting in the left menu bar.
- To meet immediately, choose Meet Now from the same menu.
- For either option, fill out the form provided and click Schedule Meeting at the bottom.
- At the time of your meeting, the meeting will be listed in the Schedule under Browse Meetings in the left menu bar of the Meeting Center. Choose the correct meeting and click Start.
- When entering a meeting for the first time, follow the onscreen instructions to install the WebEx application on your computer.
- Once you enter the meeting, you'll see the Meeting Center interface. This is where you connect your audio using the button in the center of the screen.
Sharing Your Screen
In this section, you have three options, but only two are recommended. The most common is Share My Desktop.
- In the Quick Start tab, select Share My Desktop in the center of the screen. This view allows all users to see everything on the computer and makes it easy to switch between different documents and different software. However, you must be careful with what's on the desktop or running on your computer. Confidential documents and such should be closed prior to sharing.
- While you're sharing your desktop, you'll see a green bar at the top of the screen. Hover over this green bar to see your options for muting and viewing participants.
- If you choose not to share the entire desktop, you can choose to share a specific application. This option grays out all other applications except the chosen one for remote attendees. This option is available in the drop down menu next to Share My Desktop.
Sharing Your Camera
Sharing your camera is optional, but you may do this by selecting the camera icon next to your name in the attendees list.