Visitors to campus should follow these steps to connect any device to the secure wi-fi network on campus.
- Open your device's wi-fi settings and connect to the valpo-connect wireless network.
- Open a web browser.
- If you’re not automatically redirected, type in wifi.valpo.edu.
- Check the box to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy and click "Start."
- Select Guest.
- Note the passphrase provided on the screen!
- Go back to your device's wi-fi preferences and select the valpo-guest wireless network. When prompted, enter the passphrase you were shown.
- After connecting, "forget" the valpo-connect network.
- Your access will be valid until the passphrase is changed by IT -- at minimum, once per year -- after which, you'll need to reregister.
Guest wireless has limited access to the internet and Valpo online resources. For example, a VPN should work, but remote desktop access will not.
Students, faculty, and staff should register their devices for full access on the valpo-net wireless network.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.