Requesting Course Mailing Lists in Blackboard
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR FACULTY ONLY. Valparaiso University does not create a course shell in Blackboard for every course. If you would like to use Blackboard you must request that your course shell be created. This process begins in DataVU. Please review the documentation below to make the request.
1. Begin by logging into DataVU
2. Click on the Faculty bar shown below
3. Click the link for My Class Schedule
4. Select the correct term from the drop down menu and then click Submit
5. Click on the checkbox for Create Mailing List and then click Submit
Course requests will run through an automated process every two hours. Your course could take up to two hours to appear in Blackboard (Monday-Friday). The automation does not occur as regularly on the weekends.