Award-winning Read&Write software from Texthelp gives extra confidence to anyone who needs a little extra help with their reading and writing. Read&Write makes the web, documents, and files more accessible. It’s a friendly, intuitive toolbar that assists learners at all levels with everyday tasks like reading text out loud, understanding unfamiliar words, researching assignments, and proofing written work.
Valpo students, faculty, and staff have access to install the software on personally-owned machines through the University's licensing agreement.
If you need the software installed on your University-owned computer, place an ITicket through the Help Desk.
Install on your personal Mac computer:
- In a web browser, navigate to the Read&Write page on the Texthelp website: https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/read-write/
- Click the "Try Now" option.
- Click "Mac OS" and then click the "Try Now" button. The installer should download to your computer.
- After it's downloaded, double-click the file to begin installing the software.
- When installation is complete, launch the software. You may be prompted to start a new 30-day trial.
- Once the software loads, select Sign in with Google and use your Valpo.edu email address & ValpoNet password.
You're all set to use the app!
Available tools in the Mac version:
- Spell Check
- Sounds Like and Confusable Words
- Word Prediction
- Picture Dictionary
- Verb Checker
- Screenshot Reader
- Audio Maker (convert text to sound files)
- OCR Scan
- Fact Folder
- Fact Mapper
- Screen Masking
- PDF Aloud (scan and read text on a PDF)
- Study Skills (highlight and collect text)
- Vocabulary List
- Daisy Reader
- Web Search
Still need help?