Award-winning Read&Write software from Texthelp gives extra confidence to anyone who needs a little extra help with their reading and writing. Read&Write makes the web, documents, and files more accessible. It’s a friendly, intuitive toolbar that assists learners at all levels with everyday tasks like reading text out loud, understanding unfamiliar words, researching assignments, and proofing written work.
Valpo students, faculty, and staff have access to install the software on personally-owned machines through the University's licensing agreement.
If you need the software installed on your University-owned computer, place an ITicket through the Help Desk.
Install on your personal Windows computer:
- In a web browser, navigate to the Read&Write page on the Texthelp website: https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/read-write/
- Click the "Try Now" option.
- Click "Windows," then the "Try Now" button, and then select "Read&Write for Windows - US" option. The installer should download to your computer.
- After it's downloaded, double-click the file to begin installing the software.
- When installation is complete, launch the software. You may be prompted to start a new 30-day trial.
- Once the software loads, select Sign in with Google and use your Valpo.edu email address & ValpoNet password.
You're now ready to use the software!
For more information on how to use Read&Write software, use the Help section within the app, or refer to these resources from Texthelp.
Tools available in the Windows version:
- Spell Check
- Word Prediction
- Picture Dictionary
- Screenshot Reader
- Audio Maker (convert text to sound files)
- OCR Scan
- Screen Masking
- PDF Reader
- Vocabulary List
- Voice Note
Still need help?