Your printer isn't working, even though you've changed the ink/toner cartridge.
This issue can be caused by several different reasons. Below are general suggestions that can be done to help resolve this issue or determine the cause.
- First, verify the tab protecting the ink from dispersing is not still on the cartridge.
- Verify if the ink cartridges have been inserted properly.
- If a lever has been changed from its original position allowing the ink cartridges to be added or removed, ensure it is back into its original position.
- Perform a head cleaning on printer if available.
- Verify no software errors are occurring and print a test page.
- If you are installing non manufacturer authorized ink, attempt to use the manufacturer's ink instead.
- If any indication lights are flashing or are different, refer to your printer documentation or printer manufacturer's web page for additional information on what the lights are indicating.
If the above recommendations don't resolve the issue, contact your printer's manufacturer.
Still need help?
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.