Requesting Course Mailing Lists in Blackboard
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR FACULTY ONLY. Valparaiso University does not create a course shell in Blackboard for every course. If you would like to use Blackboard you must request that your course shell be createdIf you wish to create an email distribution list in a given course, then you must first request a course mailing list. This process begins in DataVU. Please review the documentation below to make the request.
1. Begin by logging into DataVU
2. Click on the Faculty bar shown below
3. Click the link for My Class Schedule
4. Select the correct term from the drop down menu and then click Submit
5. Click on the checkbox for Create Mailing List and then click Submit
|Course requests will run through an automated process every two hours. Your course could take up to two hours to appear in Blackboard (Monday-Friday). The automation does not occur as regularly on the weekends.|
|Content by Label|
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.