Blackboard has the ability to easily track attendance. By default, a grade column is already in the Grade Center. This set of instructions will walk you through the process of removing any grade calculation into the overall grade and removing this column in your Grade Center. This process will also remove the students’ ability to see their attendance records.
- Once in the Blackboard course, choose Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- Find the Attendance column in your gradebook.
- NOTE: The column only appears after accessing the attendance area under Course Tools > Attendance. You do not have to take attendance prior following these instructions, only access attendance which sparks the creation of the Grade Center column.)
- Click on the down arrow icon in the header of the Attendance column and choose Edit Column Information.
- On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and locate the Options section. Change all the options to No in this section and then Submit.
- Return to the Grade Center, and once again, use the down arrow in the header of the Attendance column and choose Hide from Instructor View.
|name||Removing Attendance from Grades and Visibility.pdf|
|Blackboard, by default, counts attendance in the grade for the student. |
|Content by Label|
|cql||label in ("blackboard","attendance","grading") and type = "page" and space = "ITKB"|
|labels||Blackboard attendance grading|
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.