- Open your Google Account.
- In the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing “How you sign in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification Get started 2-Step Verification is off.
- Follow the on-screen prompts that will walk you through registering a device and/or a phone number
to be the recipient of the verification codes when you sign-in to your account..
- After validating your phone number or configuring a device or key, complete the process by clicking 'TURN ON' when prompted.
- To confirm that MFA is enabled, select Security and then look under How you sign in to Google. You should now see a green check mark next to 2-Step Verification
Alternate MFA Methods
You will need a phone to set up 2-Step Verification at first. However, if you would like to set up a secondary authentication method, you can do so from the same Security menu where you initially set-up MFA. Here are some alternatives: