- If you are off-campus, login to VPN via the SonicWALL Mobile Connect software.
- Double-click the SPSS25.rdp app that was provided to you.
- On campus it can also be downloaded from \\valpo.edu\data2\RemoteApp\RDP files\SPSS25.rdp
- Off campus using Webstorage it can be downloaded from S:\RemoteApp\RDP files\SPSS25.rdp
- If a "Verify Certificate" box pops up, click Continue.
On the RemoteApp login screen, enter your ValpoNet credentials, making sure to format your username this way: valpo\username
Click OK. SPSS should launch.
Saving and Opening Files in the SPSS 25 Remote App
- Run the SPSS Remote App using the steps listed above.
- If using SPSS to begin a new dataset, then select "New Dataset" in the initial selection window.
- After you have created and filled the file with data, navigate to File → Save As and then to your H: drive folder as seen below:
- This will store the file safely on your network H: drive for ease of use in the future.
- In order to open the file from the H: drive the next time you use SPSS 25, start by launching the remote app.
- Select "Open another file..." and SPSS's file browser will open.
- Navigate to your unique H: drive folder that you previously saved the SPSS file to. This has the same name as your standard Valpo username, as seen in the image below:
- As long as your SPSS document has been saved to your H: drive, the document will be accessible via this method. The way in which you upload the file to the H: drive should not matter in this case. Simply select the file, click "Open," and you will be able to pick up where you left off in the SPSS 25 file.
When you are finished, Quit (command-Q) the Remote Desktop app, then disconnect your VPN session by clicking the Disconnect button in the Mobile Connect app.
More specific information on how to use SPSS is available via our LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com content campus subscription. Login with your ValpoNet credentials.
|For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.|