Visitors to campus should follow these steps to connect any device to the secure wi-fi network on campus.
Android device users: download the CloudPath app from the Google Play store prior to following these instructions.
- Open your device’s Open your device's wi-fi preferences settings and connect to VU-WiFito the valpo-connect wireless network.
- Open a web browser and navigate to: vu-.
- If you’re not automatically redirected, type in wifi.valpo.edu.
- Be sure to use the native browser for your device, i.e. Safari on Apple, Internet Explorer/Edge on Windows, etc. Agree to Check the box to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), then and click "Start.
- On the registration page, select Guest.
- Choose whether you would like to receive an email or text message with the verification code and enter your contact information.
- Once you receive the code, enter it as prompted on the registration page.
- Follow any additional prompts to install the security certificate.
- This is the point where Android users will need to use the Cloudpath app to configure their device; it should happen automatically within the app as long as you have it installed.
- iOS devices may need to uninstall an older profile in order to continue installing a new profile.
You should receive a message verifying that your device is registered on the network.
After finishing, verify that your wi-fi preferences are set to connect to the “VU-Secure” network. Your device should automatically connect from this point forward. Your guest access will be valid for seven (7) days, after which you will need to repeat the above process to extend your access. You will receive an email reminder prior to the expiration of your access.
|title||Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Info|
If you have trouble logging in or installing the security certificate, contact the Help Desk. Staff will ask you for helpful troubleshooting details, such as:
- Select Guest.
- Note the passphrase provided on the screen!
- Go back to your device's wi-fi preferences and select the valpo-guest wireless network. When prompted, enter the passphrase you were shown.
- After connecting, "forget" the valpo-connect network.
- Your access will be valid until the passphrase is changed by IT -- at minimum, once per year -- after which, you'll need to reregister.
Guest wireless has limited access to the internet and Valpo online resources. For example, a VPN should work, but remote desktop access will not.
Students, faculty, and staff should register their devices for full access on the valpo-net wireless network.
|For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.|