Acceptable Use Agreement
As a user of these shared resources, I agree to abide by the following guidelines when using University and the Internet computing resources:
- I will respect the privacy of others. I will not seek information about, obtain copies of, or modify electronic information belonging to other users unless explicitly authorized to do so by those users. I will not share passwords with others or use passwords not belonging to me.
- I will respect the network as a shared resource. I will not deliberately attempt to degrade or disrupt system performance or to interfere with the work of others. I will be sensitive to the impact of my traffic on network performance.
- I will respect appropriate laws and copyrights. The distribution of programs, databases, and other electronic information resources is controlled by the laws of copyright, licensing agreements, and trade secrets. I will observe these laws.
- I will respect the spirit of academia. The theft, mutilation, or abuse of computing resources violates the nature and spirit of the academic environment, and I will not contribute to it or condone it.
- I will abide by all policies set forth by the networks I traverse which are not owned by the University.
- I have read the Valparaiso University Acceptable Use Policy; I understand them; and I agree to abide by them. I understand violation of this Policy may be cause for sanctions as set forth in this Policy and other applicable Valparaiso University policies and regulations.
Student ID: __________________________________________
LOGIN ID: __________________________________________