- The cardholder is responsible for the care of the card.
- The card should not be handled roughly or stored in warm or hot places (ie. behind auto sun-visors, in glove-boxes, on dashboards, etc.).
- Your card should not be kept in proximity of magnetic devices at anytime (ie. television sets, stereo speakers, bulk tape erasers, radio transmitters, etc.).
- Do not affix stickers, pins or any other alterations or modifications to your OneCard ID.
- Cards should never be placed back to back with magnetic strips touching.
- Damaged cards are a result of negligence or improper care (ie. putting the card through the dryer, using the card to scrape the windshield, etc.).
- It is your responsibility to protect your OneCard ID at all times. If your OneCard is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately to the OneCard Office at 464-5131 or VUPD at 464-5430. In the event that the loss is not reported to the appropriate officials, Valparaiso University will not be responsible for any losses incurred during that time.