Our licensing allows anyone affiliated with the University - whether student, faculty, or staff - to use our SPSS software. As long as you have a ValpoNet account, you can take advantage!
These instructions are for off-campus use only, and require the use of VPN software.
- Login to VPN via the SonicWALL NetExtender software.
- Double-click the SPSS25.rdp app that was provided to you.
- It can also be downloaded from S:\RemoteApp\RDP files\SPSS25.rdp
On the RemoteApp login screen, click Connect.
Enter your ValpoNet credentials, making sure to format your username this way: valpo\username
Click OK. SPSS should launch.
Saving and Opening Files in the SPSS 25 Remote App
- Run the SPSS Remote App using the steps listed above.
- If using SPSS to begin a new dataset, then select "New Dataset" in the initial selection window.
- After you have created and filled the file with data, navigate to File → Save As and then to your H: drive folder as seen below:
- This will store the file safely on your network H: drive for ease of use in the future.
- In order to open the file from the H: drive the next time you use SPSS 25, start by launching the remote app.
- Select "Open another file..." and SPSS's file browser will open.
- Navigate to your unique H: drive folder that you previously saved the SPSS file to. This has the same name as your standard Valpo username, as seen in the image below:
- As long as your SPSS document has been saved to your H: drive, the document will be accessible via this method. The way in which you upload the file to the H: drive should not matter in this case. Simply select the file, click "Open," and you will be able to pick up where you left off in the SPSS 25 file.
Logout When Finished
After finishing your SPSS session, be sure to disconnect your VPN session by clicking the disconnect button on the NetExtender screen.
LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com content
More specific information on how to use SPSS is available via our LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com content campus subscription. Login with your ValpoNet credentials.
Still need help?