Many Applications on campus are available to students, faculty, and staff on our RemoteApp Platform. As long as you have a ValpoNet account, you can take advantage!
Install Remote Desktop Software
Before you use RemoteApp Services for the first time, visit the App Store on your Mac to download and install the free "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app. You should only have to do this once.
- If you are off-campus, login to VPN via the SonicWALL Mobile Connect software.
- Double-click the application's .rdp app that was provided to you. If do not have an .RDP files for the application you can download one at:
- On campus it can also be downloaded from \\valpo.edu\data2\RemoteApp\RDP files\SPSS25.rdp
- Off campus using Webstorage it can be downloaded from S:\RemoteApp\RDP files\SPSS25.rdp
- If a "Verify Certificate" box pops up, click Continue.
On the RemoteApp login screen, enter your ValpoNet credentials, making sure to format your username this way: valpo\username
Click OK. The RemoteApp should launch.
Logout When Finished
When you are finished, Quit (command-Q) the Remote Desktop app, then disconnect your VPN session by clicking the Disconnect button in the Mobile Connect app.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.