Need to access a remote application from an iOS device? Examples: Anki, Maple, SPSS 22, etc. Here's how.
Step-by-step setup guide
You should only have to complete these steps once on each device you wish to use the app.
- Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop by Microsoft Corporation app from the app store.
- Once downloaded, open the application.
- Tap the + (plus) button in the upper right corner.
- On the "Add New" screen, select "Remote Resources."
- Enter the information for Valparaiso University's Remote Application servers.
- URL: https://app-serv-7.valpo.edu/RDweb
- User name: valpo\<username> (your ValpoNet username)
- Password: <password> (your ValpoNet password)
- Tap "Find Feed"
- If everything is correct, it should say "Preparing your resources." When it is down downloading, you should a list of the University's published remote applications.
Use a remote app
To launch a remote app, press the icon for the application you want. The server will launch the app and you'll be ready to start working. When you're finished, press the "hamburger" icon at the top of the screen and select "End session."
- To remove the list of available remote apps, press the three dots next to "Work Resources.
- Select "Delete" on the pop-up menu, then press "Delete" again.
Still need help?