WebStorage is used to remotely access data stored on your network drive via a web browser. WebStorage provides students, faculty, and staff with web-based access to network shares (H:\ and S:\). Files can be viewed, downloaded from the network to a local computer for editing, and uploaded from your local computer or external storage to the network.
- Visit https://webstorage.valpo.edu
- Login with your ValpoNet credentials. (be sure to add "valpo\" to your login. ie: valpo\username )
- You will see your network folders in a list on the left hand side.
- On the left hand side, navigate to the file you wish to download.
- Single-click on the file in the right hand panel.
- Click the Download button in the toolbar.
- Select the location for the file to be saved and click "Save."
- You can now work with the file and make edits.
- After completing your edits, save the file in its current location.
- Return to the WebStorage tab in your browser.
- Click the Upload button in the toolbar.
- In the pop-up dialog box, you have multiple options.
- The Standard tab lets you select a file via the traditional "browse" method.
- The Drag-and-drop tab lets you drag a file from your computer to the selection window.
- We do not recommend using the Java or Silverlight tabs.
- The OneDrive and Box tabs allow you to connect your cloud storage for easy file transfers.
- The From URL tab allows you to specify a file to be accessed at a specific web-based location.
The following video provides instructions on how to login to WebStorage, download a file, and upload a file.
Still need help?