How to use Virtual Private Network (VPN) services on a MacOS computer. You should only need to install the software once; thereafter, start with step six (6) to login.
- Go to https://vpn.valpo.edu and login with your ValpoNet credentials. Keep the domain as "valpo."
You're now connected to the VPN, but only for web browsing activities. To use other non-web-based applications (such as accessing the H: or S: drives), continue with the steps below.
- Visit the App Store.
- In the store, search for “sonicwall,” then download and install the free SonicWall Mobile Connect app.
- Once downloaded, open the app.
- Once in VPN, click on “Add connection.” Then add the following information and click "Save."
- Name: Valpo
- Server: vpn.valpo.edu (click "Next")
- Username: your ValpoNet username
- Password: your ValpoNet password
- Domain: valpo
- To connect, make sure the "Valpo" connection you just configured is selected and click "Connect."
- You are now connected to the VPN! When you're finished with your session, click the "Disconnect" button.
Still need help?
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.