SUBMITTING GRADES (MIDTERM OR FINAL) USING DataVU
The ‘Grading’ option on DataVU (https://datavu.valpo.edu) will allow you to enter either midterm or final grades on the web. This option allows you to enter grades at times outside of regular office hours for the Office of the Registrar and is available at all times except during the planned maintenance hours:
- Monday through Saturday 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Wednesday and Saturday 3:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Sunday 5:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
After entering the term for which you wish to submit grades, the next screen will ask you to select either midterm or final grades and the course that you wish to grade. After selecting the course section (one at a time), press the SUBMIT button to get the listing of students to be graded.
Notice that midterm grades for freshmen will be displayed when you are on the final grade entry screen.
- Login to DataVU
- Choose the Faculty menu.
- In the Faculty Information section, choose GRADING.
- Select the appropriate term and click SUBMIT.
- Select the type of grade you are submitting and the course for which you are entering grades.
- Enter the grade in the grade field for the first student.
- Use your mouse or the TAB key (three times) to move to the next student's grade field.
- When you are finished entering your grades, press SUBMIT at the bottom of the page. You must do this to record your grades. You will get a Grading Confirmation Form, which will tell you that grades were recorded.
- If you have a large section, enter some of the grades and click SUBMIT. You must press SUBMIT within 20 minutes, or you will be timed out of DataVU and will need to start over. You are allowed to enter the class grades in small batches; you do not have to enter them all at once. Every time you press SUBMIT you get an additional 20 minutes.
- Grades will be verified and posted to student transcripts frequently. After this has happened, you will not be allowed to change any grades in DataVU. Email email@example.com for assistance.
- Check your grades by going back into the course section to see if the grades are there. You can also print out your grade sheet if you want a copy of the grades that you submitted.
Please note that the last date attended field should be used if a student has stopped attending class during the term. Please do not use this field to denote for the whole class the last date the class met, the date grades are being entered, or the last date of the term. If a student earns an F grade, you will be required to enter the last date attended, and in that case, the last date attended may be the last day of the term.
Students auditing courses should be given a grade of AU.
Please see the Faculty Handbook regarding the criteria by which students can be given an Incomplete grade.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding grade submission, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.