View Restrictions and Notifications
To view any student restrictions on your account and notifications, go to the Resources & Services menu. Click on the Student Restrictions and Notifications link and sign in.
Descriptions and Contact Information
Contact the following offices to resolve account holds that are preventing registration, transcript orders, and other services at the university.
Description and Contact Information
Does this prevent
Contact Admission - High School Transcript (AD)
Admission has not yet received your High School Transcript.
|Athletics Equipment (ATHEQ)||You have an athletics equipment hold on your account that will|
prevent registration. This hold will also prevent the release of
transcripts, diplomas, or verification of enrollment.
Office of Student Accounts:
email@example.com or 219.464.5101
Call Collections - 219.464.5101 (CO)
Please contact Collections in the Finance Office regarding this
|Dean of Students - (D1, D2, D3, D4)||Please contact the Dean of Students at 219.464.5211. You will|
not be able to register for classes or be readmitted to the
university until this hold has been resolved.
Finance Office - Exit Interview (FO)
Please contact the Finance Office regarding this hold.
Financial Aid Hold (FA)
You have outstanding paperwork with the Office of Financial Aid
|Graduate Office Admission (GAC)|
You have a hold from the Office of Graduate Admission
Health Center (HC)
Contact Housing Office (HO)
You have a hold from the Housing Office/Residential Life.
|Library Hold (LI)||You owe either materials or fines to the library. Until this|
hold is resolved, you will not be able to receive any
documents including transcripts, verifications, or
a diploma. Please contact the front desk of the library as soon
firstname.lastname@example.org or 219.464.5500
Parking Fine - See Parking Office (PDF)
Please contact email@example.com
|Key Hold - Facilities (PPS)|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Registration Hold (ROR)|
Please contact the Office of the Registrar to discuss the
Contact Student Accounts - Payment Agreement Form Needed (SAF)
This hold type is no longer in use.
You have not completed your payment agreement form. Please
SAD - Student Accounts Balance<$3,000
|You have a hold based on a balance owed to the University that|
will prevent the release of transcripts, diplomas, or
enrollment verifications. For questions, contact the
Office of Student Accounts at 219.464.5101 or
Does not prevent registration
SA - Student Accounts Hold
You have an outstanding balance on your account that will prevent
- Balances over $3,000 prevent registration, but smaller balances do not. Student Accounts uses two separate hold types to allow students with balances under $3,000 to register without delay.
- Students with a Financial Aid Hold should contact the Office of Financial Aid before contacting Student Accounts.
- Student Accounts, Graduate School, Office of the Registrar, and Finance Office are located in Kretzmann Hall.
- Undergraduate Admission is located in the Duesenberg Welcome Center.
- Residential Life is located in the Harre Union.
- Valparaiso University Health Center is located at Promenade East Building, 55 University Drive, Suite 102.
- Campus Map: valpo.edu/about/maps-directions
For additional assistance, contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.