These instructions will help you submit an academic request to the Office of the Registrar for a change to a course registration, academic program, or other academic requests.
- All academic forms are available online at the Registrar's website: https://www.valpo.edu/registrar/forms/
- Forms specific to Graduate Students can also be found on the Graduate School website: https://www.valpo.edu/graduate-services/forms/
- Select the appropriate form for your request.
- If you're unsure, consult with your Academic Advisor or contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 219.464.5212.
- Complete the fields on the form.
- Click 'Submit' at the end of the form.
- After submission, you'll receive a sequence of 3 emails.
- First - a confirmation receipt, including a copy of what you submitted.
- Second - an email to your @valpo.edu account confirming your request. A reply isn't needed unless you need to make a change to the request.
- Third - after your form has been routed to the relevant faculty, advisor, department chair, or dean for approval, you'll receive a confirmation of the request completion (approval) by the Office of the Registrar, or a notification that your request was not approved.
- If your request was approved, you should be able to log in to DataVU to see the update to your student record.