Faculty annual appointment letters and other faculty contracts will be delivered electronically to returning faculty members using the Perceptive Content system (similar to student requests for Office of the Registrar). An email notification will be sent to faculty alerting them of the new appointment letter, and with directions for digitally signing the letter to indicate their acceptance. A copy of the signed letter will be returned to the faculty member for their records after submission. The instructions below outline the process for faculty members to take.
For questions about the contents of your letter, please contact the Office of the Provost or the Dean of your College. For questions or issues with use of Perceptive Content, please contact the Help Desk.
Using Perceptive Content
Begin from an email link:
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject Faculty Appointment Letter. A link to these instructions is included in the email.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the message to be directed to your appointment letter.
- You will be prompted to sign in to Perceptive Content with your Valpo userid and password
- After signing in, the document will be opened automatically.
Begin from the Perceptive Content main menu
- Log in to Perceptive Content from this URL: https://docmgmt-web.valpo.edu:8443/experience/#login
- Select Tasks from the Menu boxes
Signing your letter
- Click on the letter in your list of assigned tasks (this may include Registrar, AARC, or other task types as well)
- Once the document is open, you can use the toolbar beneath the document to move from page to page, or to zoom in or out of the document.
- The toggle buttons in the upper right hand corner can also be used to manage your view of the document and properties.
- After you have reviewed the letter and are ready to accept your appointment letter, click the blue Sign button.
- ALSO click the statement that appears AFTER clicking the Sign button
- The first time signing a document in Perceptive Content you will be prompted to create a password for your signature. This can be a different password than your Valpo password. You may also create a hint for your password.
- If you have previously signed a document in Perceptive Content, simply enter your password and click OK.
There is not a 'self-service' password reset option for this password. Please submit a Help Desk ticket to request a reset of your password.
- Your appointment letter has been submitted.
- There is not an acknowledgement after you have completed the signature. If you have additional tasks assigned, the next task in queue will open automatically.
Instructions to review your completed tasks, which will include your signed appointment letter, can be found here.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.