Hourly employees request approval of Paid Leave (Vacation or Sick) through Self-Service. This guide provides detailed instructions for the following actions related to Paid Leave Requests:
How to Submit a Paid Leave Request
1. Log into Self-Service (be sure you are logged into your valpo.edu Google account first)
2. Select the Employee menu, and then the Leave menu
3. Remaining Leave Balances will show under the beach umbrella (Vacation) and the bandage (Sick)
NOTE: ONLY PAID LEAVE IS SHOWN IN BALANCE
The balances reflect leaves taken in pay periods that have been processed by Payroll. Leaves that have not been paid yet are not reflected in this balance.
4.Select the blue Request Leave button to begin a request
5. Select the Leave Type
6. Select the leave date(s) by using the Start Date and End Date fields
NOTE: For a single day, enter the same date in both the Start Date and End Date fields
7. Enter the hours of Leave you wish to use for each day you are requesting Leave. A standard day is 8 hours.
Note: The Leave Request does not ask for times for a partial day of leave. Please add that in the comments for your supervisor's reference (i.e., "On this half day I'd like to work from 1-5 p.m., if possible. Thank you")
If you are not ready to submit the Leave request for Supervisor Approval, click Save
The Draft note will appear next to the request. This Leave is now in draft form. If you decide to request the Leave, click on the draft and submit it.
8. To Submit your request for supervisor approval, click the Submit icon
9. A submitted Leave Request will have a blue Submitted note next to the request
10. After supervisor review and approval, the Leave will have a green Approved note next to it
11. The Requested and Approved Leave is deducted from your balance AFTER it is paid
How to Unsubmit a Paid Leave Request (Before the Leave is Approved)
1. Click the date on the Submitted Leave panel
2. Click Unsubmit. The Leave is now in draft form.
NOTE: Supervisor Notifications
Supervisors receive a notification when leave is unsubmitted.
3. Now that the Leave Request is in draft form, the date and time may be edited and resubmitted, or it can be deleted
To edit the draft form, make the selections for your leave and click Submit to submit the changes
To delete, click delete and confirm. The deleted leave request does not appear on the list of Outsanding Leave Requests.
How to Withdraw an Approved Paid Leave Request
Withdrawing a leave request can only be done up to the week the current pay period begins. Once the pay period has begun, leave requests cannot be modified.
1. Click on the Approved Leave you would like to withdraw
2. Click Withdraw
3. Enter a reason for the withdraw
4. Click Withdraw
5. The phrase, "Withdrawal sent for approval" appears on the top right of screen. This indicates the request has been submitted and the supervisor notified.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.