Blackboard has the ability to easily track attendance. By default, a grade column is already in the Grade Center. This set of instructions will walk you through the process of removing any grade calculation into the overall grade and removing this column in your Grade Center. This process will also remove the students’ ability to see their attendance records.
1. Once in the Blackboard course, choose Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
2. Find the Attendance column in your grade book.
aNOTE: The column only appears after accessing the attendance area under Course Tools > Attendance. You do not have to take attendance prior following these instructions, only access attendance which sparks the creation of the Grade Center column.)
3. Click the chevronin the header of the Attendance column and choose Edit Column Information.
4. On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and locate the Options section. Change all of the options in this section to No and then click Submit.
5. Return to the Grade Center, and once again, use the chevron in the header of the Attendance column and choose Hide from Instructor View.
Blackboard, by default, counts attendance in the grade for the student.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.