When re-registering your iOS device on the campus wi-fi network (guests should use these instructions), you may be prompted to remove an existing configuration profile before you can install a new one.
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to General → Profile.
- Select the "Secure WiFi" option.
- Press "Remove Profile" and follow the prompts to confirm deleting the profile.
- Go back to the wi-fi section and reconnect to VU-WiFi.
Once you've removed the profile, you should be able to continue registering your device.
It's not required that you remove the profile, but it's always a good idea to keep a cleaner device by removing what you no longer need or use.
Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Info
If you have trouble with this step, contact the Help Desk. Staff will ask you for helpful troubleshooting details, such as:
- Device make, model, OS & version,
- Wireless carrier,
- Network SSID (name), and
- Specific error messages received, and at what point in the process.
Still need help?
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.