Hourly employees need to enter their start and end time for each work day to be paid appropriately. The two week pay period begins on Sunday at 12:00 am and ends 14 days later on Saturday at 11:59 pm. All employee time must be entered by 9:00 am on the Monday after the end of the pay period, and supervisors must approve time entered by 12:00 noon on the Monday after the end of the pay period.
- Log into Self-Service at datavu1.valpo.edu using your ValpoNet username and password
Find your time-entry screen
- Select the Employee menu
- Select the Time Entry menu
Select the week and position for inputting your time
- Both weeks of the pay period will appear, with your job/position to the right.
- If you have more than one position for the University, both positions will appear on the first screen
- Select the week for which you want to enter hours worked, on the next screen you will be able to select the position/job for which you want to enter hours worked.
- You might need to expand or collapse the drop-down arrows to see multiple positions or for the hour entry screen to appear.
- You can change weeks using the right and left arrows
- After selecting a week, each of your jobs/positions will appear, with their respective time entry fields
Input your start and end times
- For each day worked, enter your start time(s) and end time(s) for hours worked.
- Time can be entered either by typing directly in the field, or by clicking the field and selecting the time from the drop-down menu
- If you had a break in hours for the same position (e.g. lunch break) you will have the option to add another start and end time by selecting the blue + sign below your last out punch for the day.
Reminder for Student Workers
Students may not work more than 29 hours per week, (not more than 20 hours for international students)
- Your total hours will show as subtotals by day, by position, and as a grand total.
Enter Paid Leave Time
- Select the blue Additional Time button in the lower left corner of your screen.
- You may also view your Leave Balances using the link in the upper right corner
- From the Additional Time drop-down menu, select the type of Leave Time you would like to use
- After selecting the type of Leave, input the number of hours of leave you would like to take on the date the leave is to be taken.
- Your timecard will not have a subtotal for your hours actually worked, your hours of each Leave Type, and your total hours to be paid for the week.
Submit your timecard for approval by your supervisor
- After you have entered all of your hours for a given week, click the blue Submit for Approval button to submit your timecard for approval by your supervisor.
- If you have more than one position, you will need to submit the timecard for EACH position.
- After submitting, you will see a green checkbox immediately in the upper right corner with 'Success!'
- There will be a yellow "Submitted" box under the position title for which you have submitted that will remain.
- If you realize you made a mistake or omission in reporting your time prior to the timecard deadline (9:00 am Monday after pay period ends) click Return Timecard for Edit.
- This will send a notification to your supervisor that you have unsubmitted your timecard.
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.