These steps detail how to access your Student Account information, either as a Student or as a Proxy (Parent/Guest) user. Valparaiso University partners with NelNet to provide online billing and payment services.
Step-by-step guide to accessing Student Account information
When using the Student Accounts portal, Google Chrome or Firefox are the preferred web browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Connecting from Payment Portal
- Visit http://mycollegepaymentplan.com/valparaiso/
- On this site you can review Payment Plan options, important details, and instructions
- Click Enroll Today to connect to your Student Account login
Logging in from Self-Service
- Go to DataVu at datavu1.valpo.edu
- Login using your ValpoNet credentials
Forgot your credentials?
Use the Forgot your user name or password links on the Sign In page. If you need additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked to provide identity verification.
Self-Service Home Screen -
- Select Student Finance
Connect From Self-Service to Nelnet Campus Commerce
- Click on Proceed to Account Information
First-Time Account Set-Up
- The first time you login and connect to NelNet you will be prompted to create/update your account profile. The fields with * are required.
- You will be asked to create a 4 Digit PIN and Telephone ID questions and answers to be used if you need to call in with account questions.
Student Account Center Home Screen
- After creating your account profile, you will be directed to the Student Account Center home page.
For questions related to use of the NelNet site, you may contact NelNet's Customer Service at 800.609.8056 or review FAQs by clicking on the Customer Service link in the upper right corner
Changes to your Account Profile (address, phone, email)
- Please note that changes to your account profile demographic information made in the Nelnet portal will NOT update your Valparaiso University records.
- Please follow these directions to update your Valparaiso University Records - Change your Address or Phone