When the printer display menu states "low toner," it may be time to replace the toner cartridge. However, always try to get a bit more life out of the cartridge by shaking or rocking it gently from side to side and putting it back into the printer. Check to see if the "low toner" message disappears. If it does not, then replace the cartridge with a new one.
- Open the door on top of the printer and pull the old cartridge toward you to release it.
- Remove the new cartridge from its carton and rock gently back and forth to make sure the toner hasn't settled.
- Pull the plastic strip out of the cartridge (see tab on the side of the toner).
- Replace the cartridge in the printer at the same angle from which you pulled the old one out.
- Close the top door of the printer.
- Print a test page from the printer display.
Still need help?