You click on the Excel button to download an Excel spreadsheet, but UI returns the error message: "<Excel File Name> …couldn’t be downloaded." Yet, the Export Report to a PDF function is working.
The problem occurs because a file location is missing from the Trusted Locations in Excel’s Trust Center. To add the locations to Excel, do the following:
- Determine the current UI download destination directory by generating any Colleague report utilizing an Output Type of H (Hold).
- When the Report Browser displays the report, click the Save As button to see the current UI download destination directory.
- Enter this directory in the Trusted Locations list in Excel:
- Under the File drop-down menu, select Options, then click on the Trust Menu in the left panel.
- Click the Trust Center Settings button in the right panel to display the Trust Center window.
- In the left panel, click on the Trusted Locations.
- Add the download destination determined earlier to the Trusted Locations list.
Still need help?
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.