Do you want to have a persistent link to your home directory or shared network drive in the Mac Finder window? Follow these quick and easy instructions!
- Connect to the network storage server in Finder: Go → Connect to Server...
- For the home directory: smb://storage1.valpo.edu/staff_home/
- For the shared drive: smb://storage.valpo.edu/shared/
- Authenticate with your ValpoNet credentials if/when prompted.
- Once the Finder window pops up, click and hold the network share icon in the title bar until it gets dark.
- Drag the network share icon onto the Favorites bar on the left side.
- Even if your computer goes to sleep or disconnects from the network, it will easily reconnect the next time you are connected.
Still need help?
For additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk.